Partner | Indirect Tax
- T: +91 120 479 1000
- E: Write to me
- B.A., LL.B., (Hons.), West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (2005)
Sudipta Bhattacharjee is a Partner in the Indirect Tax practice group in the Delhi NCR office.
With over 15 years of experience, Sudipta specialises in Indirect Tax advisory including GST, customs, international trade laws, pre-GST indirect taxes, State Excise laws affecting alcoholic beverages industry as well as building / labour cess, tax controversy management and allied aspects of contract documentation/negotiation/disputes.
Sudipta has co-authored a treatise on how GST applies vis-a-vis various types of EPC and construction contracts – this was published by Taxmann Publications and has received rave reviews - it is already on its sixth edition.
- Bar Council of Delhi
Recognitions and Accomplishments
- Businessworld Legal - amongst the top 40 of India’s finest lawyers under the age of 40
- World Tax as “Highly Regarded” in Indirect Tax for 2020 - 21
- The International Tax Review as an ‘Indirect Tax Leader’ for India since 2017
- Legal500 as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in Tax (in India)
- RSG’s India report as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in Tax (in India)
Article01 Jun '21
Publications08 May '21
Article29 Apr '21
Article21 Apr '21
News and Events
Sudipta Bhattacharjee has featured in the following news and webinars
Cultured meats’ – An Overview of Key Indirect Tax & Regulatory Aspects in India
Is Building Cess applicable on supply of goods/equipment - analysing the recent SC decision
Fight against COVID-19: Relaxations vis-à-vis imports of oxygen, concentrators, life-saving drugs and allied products
Industrial Development of Jammu and Kashmir – an attractive, multi-pronged incentive scheme for small to medium investments