Partner | Dispute Resolution, White Collar Crime, International / Domestic Arbitration
- T: +91 22 6636 5000
- E: Write to me
- B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), Symbiosis Law School, Pune (2010)
- Diploma in Alternate Dispute Resolution and International commercial arbitration, Symbiosis International University
Manavendra specialises in White Collar Crime and investigations and is based out of our Mumbai office. Manavendra specialises in defence strategy, cross border disputes and anti-corruption investigations. He also appears regularly as counsel in difference prosecution hearings. He has been advising clients, in Prevention of Money Laundering Act matters, Prevention of Corruption Act, US DOJ Enforcement actions in India. He has also advised clients in various cross border proceedings, including in CAD proceedings in Singapore, Enforcement actions in Hong Kong, INTERPOL CCF proceedings, US DOJ MLAT request enforcement action and proceedings by banks on account of frauds in Switzerland, Mauritius, USA.
He has represented clients who have been arrayed as accused in multiple CBI, ED, EOW cases in India including but not limited to the Punjab National Bank Scam, the IL&FS scam, YES Bank Scam and even in the NMC Healthcare proceedings in UAE. In addition to the above, Manavendra enjoys the trust of noted promoter driven companies in India for conducting internal investigations and assisting in defence strategy. Manavendra recently advised and closed a multi jurisdiction dispute involving arising out of high sea commodities trading transactions which had exposure in at least five jurisdictions and involved CBI, SFIO, FEMA, EOW, tax investigations in India and related proceedings in Singapore.
In addition to the above, Manavendra has successfully represented his clients in tax prosecution before courts and Foreign Exchange Management Act prosecutions and defences. He has represented and advised multiple banks and is currently representing German payment processor in FEMA proceedings arising out of domestic acquisitions in India. He has advised various tax consultancy firms as well on the legal aspects of FEMA violations and regularly appears as counsels before the Enforcement Directorate across the country in this regard.
Manavendra is also advising and appearing in ED proceedings in the Chinese App bans matter which deal with source of funding and in the instant loan app scam in Hyderabad which has led to freezing of accounts of leading NBFC's by the ED.
- Bar Council of Delhi
Recognition and Accomplishments
- Chambers & Partners, 2022
- Indian Business Law Journal – Future Legal Leader, 2021
- Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer – White Collar Crime – 2022, 2021
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Asia Pacific Representative – Anti Corruption Committee, 2021-22 (Officer)
- Member Steering Committee YMCIA, Mumbai Centre of International Arbitration, 2019 – 2021, 2021-23
- Member, Young Leaders Group, Society of Construction Law - India Chapter
- Member of Indian Arbitration Forum
Dispute Resolution, International / Domestic Arbitration, Real Estate